Last update: 17 May 2018
We do not send any advertisements or other unwanted emails to you, and we do not sell your data. You can read here how we protect your data and what we do to ensure the highest standards of privacy.
Table of contents
- What data is collected, who collects it and who can access it
- What kind of emails we send
- How we protect your data
- Our Service Providers
- Removing your HappyForks account
- Users responsibility
- External links
- Server logs
- Social media buttons
§1 - Cookies
- When you download the content of HappyForks website, some short identification data - called cookies - is attached to it and can be stored in your browser. It is up to you: using appropriate settings in your browser (privacy settings), you can decide if cookies are to be stored and when they should be deleted.
- Thanks to cookies and the mentioned identification data, we can offer you a possibility to add products to your list and save data after your have completed your profile. Allowing cookies is necessary if you want to sign in into your account. Cookies allow us to distinguish lists, data or account belonging to you.
- Cookies are also used for statistical and advertising (see §12 for details) purposes and can be used by outside parties.
§2 - What data is collected, who collects it and who can access it
- The data is collected by HappyForks owner: Rafal Kochanowski (contact).
- We collect profile data such as gender, age, height, weight and potentially also pregnancy, activity, and a weight goal. These data is necessary to calculate recommended daily caloric and nutrients intake. These may actually not be your data but any information you want to take into account while calculating recommended daily caloric and nutrients intake. You may also provide these data - if you wish to - when you use HappyForks without setting up an account.
- We collect statistical data and we analyze, and use it for various purposes. These analyses allow us to offer you a high quality service.
What data we collect and analyze How we use collected statistical data - Viewed, searched, added (to lists and diaries) or saved information about products and recipes and their nutritional values;
- Profile data;
- The way Users view or interact with the Website, e.g. time, duration, equipment and software used, country, IP address;
- How User entered the Website, e.g. from what other website, browser or advertisement;
- The content of recipes entered into the Recipe Analyzer.
- To personalize your experience, for example to facilitate access to recently viewed products and recipes;
- For analysis to learn more about HappyForks Users, e.g. which products and recipes are used most often;
- Improving and developing HappyForks with the knowledge about who uses the Website, how they use it, and which options are used most often;
- Improving all kinds of algorithms, e.g. searching or matching products in Recipe Analyzer;
- Analyses related to securing our systems.
- Personal, profile and statistical data is not shared with outside parties. The only exception being when required by authorized authorities.
- Users can view and correct their data. Data can be viewed, updated or removed by Users who sign in into their account.
- Users has the right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority.
- Providing data is voluntary. People who do not wish to provide their email address can use some options anonymously without setting a new account. In such a case, we only collect and use statistical data.
§3 - What kind of emails we send
|Type of email||Send or not||Details|
|Transactional||YES||We send emails to confirm email addresses, or reset forgotten passwords. Sending out these emails is necessary to maintain Users' accounts so you cannot opt out of receiving them. The only possibility not to receive them is to remove your account.|
|Notification||YES||Notifications (events) about your account. You can opt out of receiving them at any moment.|
|Newsletters||NO||We do not offer and we do not send newsletters at the moment.|
|Marketing||NO||We do not send any advertisements.|
§4 - How we protect your data
The list below contains only some of the solutions we use to protect your account and your data against unauthorized access.
- The entire traffic between your device (e.g. PC, phone) and HappyForks website is encrypted with SSL protocol. You cannot use it without SSL.
- When you set up your account, our system rejects passwords which are too easy and vulnerable to attacks.
- In case somebody tries to guess your password by trying to sign in with many different passwords, after a few failed attempts access to your account is suspended for a short while, therefore stopping further attempts to guess your password.
- Your password is stored as hashed password protected by a strong algorithm. We do not know your password. Therefore if you forget it, you can only set a new one. There is no option to retrieve your old password.
§5 - Our Service Providers
- To allow HappyForks to operate, it is necessary to use technical infrastructure provided by other companies. We only use services from renowned companies which ensure high level of security and high standard of privacy.
- To send automatic emails, we use the infrastructure provided by Amazon.com, Inc., namely the Amazon Simple Email Service (SES).
- We do not hold any responsibility for any loses caused by security or privacy breaches by our service providers.
§6 - Removing your HappyForks account
- Your HappyForks account is deactivated immediately after you have confirmed you want to remove it. Your account is then deleted permanently from our database in 14 days. Within these 14 days you can restore your account at any time by cancelling the removal. To do that you have to sign in into your account and choose to unblock your account.
- The process of removing your account cannot be reversed. There is no possibility to retrieve your data back after your account has been removed.
- Your personal data will be removed permanently. However some aggregated anonymized data will remain in our system - these data is used for statistical and technical purposes only.
Permanently removed data Aggregated anonymized data - Email address;
- Hashed password;
- Text data, e.g. titles, recipe descriptions, notes.
- Statistical data related to products, recipes, nutrition values, meal diary, and the way you accessed the Website;
- Reason of removing your account, if you choose to tell us;
- Profile data;
- Server logs.
§7 - Users responsibility
- Users are responsible for the security of their passwords. Users should use a strong password. They should not hand the password to anybody and should store it in a secure location. We bear no responsibility for unauthorized access to the account or outside parties taking control of the account by using the password known only to the User.
- Even if our system does not reject a weak password, it does no guarantee password security.
§8 - Statistics
- We use statistics to analyze how our Users interact with our website (which allows us to improve) and to study the effectiveness of various forms of advertising HappyForks. We use Piwik software which cares about the privacy of our Users and is located on our servers. Therefore figures are not shared with any outside parties and your privacy is better protected.
§9 - External links
- External links to e.g. social media, food blogs, or academic publications, are placed at HappyForks website.
- We do not exercise any form of control over the websites these external links direct to and therefore we hold no responsibility for them or their content which could have changed since the moment the link was placed at HappyForks.
§10 - Server logs
- Every time you enter HappyForks website, some bits of technical information, such as the date and hour of your visit, your IP address, and the address of the downloaded site, is stored on the server. These data is used for protection, technical, maintenance and statistical purposes but is not shared with any third parties. These information however may be handed over to authorized intuitions in accordance with applicable legal regulations.
- Server logs are independent from cookies; cookies settings have no effect on them.
§11 - Social media buttons
§12 - Advertising
- HappyForks may display third party ads on some pages.
- We use Google advertising service. In consequence your web browser automatically sends certain information to Google. Visit this site to learn more: How Google uses your data.